Why join our team?
- A dedicated and expert Regional Coordinator and team to guide and support you;
- Ongoing Professional Development to reach your professional and personal goals;
- Opportunity to work close to home within a well-resourced space, within the grounds of our beautiful Catholic Primary Schools;
- Extensive career opportunities in a growing team and company;
- An inclusive and collaborative team culture; and
- A great work-life balance where you can make a difference.
We are hiring now for an Assistant Coordinator for our before and after school care service on the beautiful grounds of St Brigid’s Catholic Primary School, Marrickville.
Utilising a dedicated space, you will be looking after and caring for primary school children. The Centre strives to provide a holistic program that supports and nurtures children’s growth in their natural environment.
With a genuine passion for childcare, you will be compassionate, friendly and possess the ability to interact with children positively and productively.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Be the responsible person for the service
- Provide a safe OSHC service for staff and children in an all-inclusive professional team environment
- Maintain children attendance and casual bookings schedules to ensure child safety and supervision
- Supervise other educators, ensuring they understand and perform in-service responsibilities
- Support the design and implement engaging educational programs with observations and reflection journals
- Create opportunities to share children’s participation and engagement in programs with families
- Maintain strong relationships with families and the school community
This is a permanent part-time position; 33 hours per week.
To be successful you will have:
- Hold a qualification in Child Education and care or working towards
- Previous work experience in Out of School Hour (OSHC) care
- Hold a certificate of training in child protection
- Full first aid certificates
- Hold an NSW Working with children check, or be willing to obtain
About Sydney Catholic Early Childhood Services:
Sydney Catholic Early Childhood Services (SCECS) is a not-for-profit service catering for children and families from our Catholic schools and Parishes. SCECS provides education and care within the mission and ministry of the Church and will become an integral part of your local Catholic community.
Ready to make a difference?
Submit your application with:
Working with Children Clearance:
This role is classified as child-related work and therefore we require a working with children clearance to be completed before your commencement with us.
If you have any queries regarding the recruitment process please contact our Talent Acquisition Team at email@example.com
To know more about future opportunities please visit https://scecs.nsw.edu.au/join-our-team/
Please note: Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. All applicants require current and valid working rights for Australia.