We are currently seeking an experienced Outside Schools Hours Care (OSHC) Assistant Coordinator at St Michael’s Catholic Primary School in Daceyville.
Assistant to the Coordinator in the day-to-day operations you will use your high-energy and positive nature to interact with children in a positive manner.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Be one of the responsible people for the service
- Provide a safe OSHC service for staff and children in an all-inclusive professional team environment
- Support in maintaining children attendance and casual bookings schedules to ensure child safety and supervision
- Supervise other educators, ensuring they understand and perform in-service responsibilities
- Support to design and implement engaging educational programs with observations and reflection journals
- Create opportunities to share children’s participation and engagement in programs with families
- Maintain strong relationships with families and the school community
- This is a permanent part-time position; 30 hours a week
To be successful you will have:
- Qualifications in Child Education and care
- At least 2 years previous work experience in Out of School Hour (OSHC) care.
- Hold a certificate of training in child protection
- Full first aid certificates
- Demonstrated knowledge of Early Years Learning Framework and National Quality Standards
- Hold an NSW Working with children check, or be willing to obtain
- Availability across Monday-Friday, Before & After school care
What we offer
- We offer permanent part-time employment (30 hours per week) 6:45am to 8:45am and 2:00pm to 6:00pm; including split shift allowance.
- Ongoing Professional Development to reach your professional and personal goals.
- Opportunity to work close to home at a well-resourced space within the grounds of our beautiful Catholic Primary Schools.
- A great work-life balance where you can make a difference.
About Sydney Catholic Early Childhood Services:
Sydney Catholic Early Childhood Services (SCECS) is a not-for-profit service catering to children and families from our Catholic schools and Parishes. SCECS provides education and care within the mission and ministry of the Church and will become an integral part of your local Catholic community.
Ready to make a difference?
Submit your application via Seek with:
- Covering letter addressing your suitability
Please Note: Your application will be reviewed upon our return to the office on the 11th January 2021. All enquiries related to your application will receive feedback after this date.
SCECS Office will be closed from 24 December 2020 – 11 January 2021.
Working with Children Clearance:
This role is classified as child-related work and therefore we require a working with children clearance to be completed prior to your commencement with us.
If you have any queries regarding the recruitment process please contact our Talent Acquisition Team at email@example.com
To know more about future opportunities please visit https://scecs.nsw.edu.au/join-our-team/
Please note: Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. All applicants require current and valid working rights for Australia.