Seeking a high performing Coordinator for a 40 place before and after school care service on the beautiful grounds of St Therese Catholic Primary School in Lakemba.
You will be working in an up-to 40 place after-school care service utilising the School Hall to look after and care for children within the age range of 5-12, with the majority of them attending Kindy-year 4 at the school.
About the opportunity:
With a genuine passion for childcare, you will be compassionate, friendly and possess the ability to interact with children in a positive and productive manner.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Be the responsible person for the service
- Provide a safe OSHC service for staff and children in an all-inclusive professional team environment
- Maintain children attendance and casual bookings schedules to ensure child safety and supervision
- Supervise other educators, ensuring they understand and perform in-service responsibilities
- Design and implement engaging educational programs with observations and reflection journals
- Create opportunities to share children’s participation and engagement in programs with families
- Maintain strong relationships with families and the school community
This position is 20 hours a week in the afternoon only with no vacation care requirement.
Skills and experience
To be successful you will have:
- Qualifications in Child Education and care
- Previous work experience in Out of School Hour (OSCH) care.
- Hold certificate of training in child protection
- Full first aid certificates
- Hold a NSW Working with children check, or be willing to obtain
About Sydney Catholic Early Childhood Services:
Sydney Catholic Early Childhood Services (SCECS) is a not-for-profit service catering for children between the ages of 3 – 5 and their families from our local community.
Ready to make a difference?
- Covering letter addressing your suitability
Applications are being reviewed as received.
Closing date: 13 August 2020
SCECS reserves the right to remove the advert prior to the closing date listed. Applications will be reviewed as submitted.
Working with Children Clearance:
This role is classified as a child related work and therefore we require a working with children clearance to be completed prior to your commencement with us.
If you have any queries regarding the recruitment process please contact our Talent Acquisition Team at firstname.lastname@example.org
To know more about future opportunities please visit https://scecs.nsw.edu.au/join-our-team/
Please note: Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. All applicants require current and valid working rights for Australia.