Are you passionate about school-aged care with your previous experience working within an OSHC? or perhaps you are studying to be a Primary School Teacher and are now seeking an opportunity to work casual shifts at a Before and After School Care service close to home.
We are currently seeking Outside School Hours Care (OSHC) Educators at the following location:
- Fairfield, Our Lady of the Rosary Catholic Primary School
As an Educator, you will respond to children’s strengths, interests and needs by assisting in implementing and providing a diverse, stimulating and inclusive program.
You will be responsible for engaging children in meaningful learning opportunities and be reliable and confident in your abilities.
- A genuine passion for childcare
- Nurturing approach
- Caring, supporting and proactive attitude
Your main responsibilities will be
- Ensuring all children are ‘actively’ supervised at all times
- Assist in implementing and providing a diverse and stimulating program that matches the developmental needs of the children
- Ensuring safe food handling and hygiene practices are upheld at all times
- Developing and fostering positive relationships with parents, caregivers, children and other key stakeholders
- Assist in establishing daily routines and create appropriate rules and boundaries for children to encourage positive behaviour
- Encourage and maintain high standards of hygiene and cleanliness of program premises and facilities.
To be successful you will have
- 2 years’ experience in a similar position
- Hold an NSW Working with children check
- First Aid, CPR, Anaphylaxis and Asthma Management (HTAID004), or be willing to obtain
Qualifications in Child Education and Care will be looked upon favourably.
About Sydney Catholic Early Childhood Services:
Sydney Catholic Early Childhood Services (SCECS) is a not-for-profit service catering for children and families from our Catholic schools and the local community. SCECS currently operates Outside School Hours Care and Early Childhood Services at several Catholic schools and Parishes within the Sydney Archdiocese.
Ready to make a difference?
Submit your application with:
- Covering letter addressing the location and your availability for shifts
Working with Children Clearance:
This role is classified as a child-related work and therefore we require a working with children clearance to be completed before your commencement with us.
If you have any queries regarding the recruitment process please contact our Talent Acquisition Team at firstname.lastname@example.org
To know more about future opportunities please visit https://scecs.nsw.edu.au/join-our-team/
Please note: Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. All applicants require current and valid working rights for Australia.