We are currently seeking an experienced Outside School Hours Care (OSHC) Assistant Coordinator for a new before and after school care service on the beautiful grounds of St Andrew’s Catholic Primary School in the heart of Malabar.
Assistant to the Coordinator in the day to day operations you will use your high-energy and positive nature to interact with children positively.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Be one of the responsible people for the service
- Provide a safe OSHC service for staff and children in an all-inclusive professional team environment
- Support in maintaining children attendance and casual bookings schedules to ensure child safety and supervision
- Supervise other educators, ensuring they understand and perform in-service responsibilities
- Support to design and implement engaging educational programs with observations and reflection journals
- Create opportunities to share children’s participation and engagement in programs with families
- Maintain strong relationships with families and the school community
This is a permanent part-time position; 30 hours a week.
To be successful you will have:
- Certificate 3 or Diploma qualification in Child Education and care
- At least 2 years of previous work experience in Out of School Hour (OSCH) care.
- Hold a certificate of training in child protection
- Full first aid certificates
- Demonstrated knowledge of Early Years Learning Framework and National Quality Standards
- Hold an NSW Working with children check, or be willing to obtain
- Availability across Monday-Friday, Before & After school care
What we offer
- Ongoing Professional Development to reach your professional and personal goals.
- Opportunity to work close to home at a well-resourced space within the grounds of our beautiful Catholic Primary Schools.
- A great work-life balance where you can make a difference.
About Sydney Catholic Early Childhood Services:
Sydney Catholic Early Childhood Services (SCECS) is a not-for-profit service catering for children and families from our Catholic schools and Parishes. SCECS provides education and care within the mission and ministry of the Church and will become an integral part of your local Catholic community.
Ready to make a difference?
To be considered for this opportunity, please submit your application to this link with the following:
- Covering letter addressing your suitability
SCECS reserves the right to remove the advert before the closing date listed. Applications will be reviewed as submitted.
Working with Children Clearance:
This role is classified as a child-related work and therefore we require a working with children clearance to be completed before your commencement with us.
If you have any queries regarding the recruitment process please contact our Talent Acquisition Team at firstname.lastname@example.org
To know more about future opportunities please visit https://scecs.nsw.edu.au/join-our-team/
Please note: Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. All applicants require current and valid working rights for Australia.