BRAND NEW POSITION- INCLUSION SUPPORT PROFESSIONAL
We have an exciting new position for an Inclusion Support Professional. The role is full-time and would suit those who have a high level of energy and enthusiasm and a genuine commitment to achieving meaningful and inclusive outcomes for children and their families. Applicants are required to have a Bachelor of Education and qualifications in special needs.
The primary objective of the Inclusion Support Professional is to coordinate and facilitate the delivery of equitable and inclusive education and care programs to ensure quality outcomes for children with additional needs across Sydney Catholic Early Childhood Services. The Inclusion Officer will support services to build their capacity and capability to provide inclusive practices, address participation barriers and include children with additional needs alongside their typically developing peers.
- A genuine passion for childcare
- Committed and dedicated to supporting children’s wellbeing
- Caring, supporting and proactive attitude
Your main responsibilities will be
- Identify the strengths, capacity and capability of educators to ensure that support provided is tailored to educator and SCECS individual service needs.
- Work to promote a clear understanding of inclusion, which focuses on all children being seen as capable and contributing in their environment.
- Work closely with other team members, health and medical specialists, school diverse learning teams as well as inclusion support agencies to deliver inclusion support, which is flexible and responsive to the needs of SCECS services in accordance with the Inclusion Support Program (ISP) Guidelines.
To be successful you will have
- University qualification in Education (early/middle childhood) and/or Special Education specialisation
- NESA Teacher Accreditation
- First Aid, Asthma and Anaphylaxis and CPR
- Identify & respond to children and young people at risk of significant harm
- Current NSW driver’s licence and use of a comprehensively insured, registered motor vehicle.
- A valid NSW Working with Children Check clearance number
- Post-graduate studies in Special Education
- Demonstrated 5 years of teaching experience.
- Proven experience within a broad range of Inclusion Support settings.
- Demonstrated experience in the delivery and support of educators with Inclusion Support within a play-based approach.
- Proven experience with funding applications for the Inclusion Support Program
- Experience developing Inclusion and Behaviour Support Plans
- Experience communicating successfully with families, children and educators within the context of inclusion.
- Experience supporting children with a transition between educational settings.
- Demonstrated commitment to ongoing professional learning and development.
- High-level written, oral and presentation skills.
Experienced in facilitating and leading staff professional learning
About Sydney Catholic Early Childhood Services:
Sydney Catholic Early Childhood Services (SCECS) is a not-for-profit service catering to children and families from our Catholic schools and the local community. SCECS currently operates Outside School Hours Care and Early Childhood Services at several Catholic schools and Parishes within the Sydney Archdiocese.
Benefits for being a part of the SCECS team-
- Large network of services
- Career growth
- Great work-life balance
- Leadership support
- Pathways program for teachers
- Professional development opportunities
- Above award pay for qualified staff
- Well resourced services
Ready to make a difference?
Submit your application with:
Working with Children Clearance:
This role is classified as child-related work and therefore we require a working with children clearance to be completed before your commencement with us.
If you have any queries regarding the recruitment process please contact our Talent Acquisition Team at firstname.lastname@example.org
To know more about future opportunities please visit https://scecs.nsw.edu.au/join-our-team/
Please note: Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. All applicants require current and valid working rights for Australia.