Sydney Catholic Early Childhood Services use the software Qikkids for all enrolment and invoicing transactions.
1. How to make a booking?
It is recommended that you use a computer to make a booking rather than a phone or other mobile device.
– Go to the SCECS website www.scecs.nsw.edu.au
- Click on Our Services,
- select School Age and then
- select your service i.e. SCECS OSHC Mosman.
- Select Booking Request/Enrol Now
- On that first page there is information providing step by step instructions including an instructional video to watch.
– Once you have familiarised yourself with these steps:
- Click on to the link for My Family Lounge
- register to create an account
– This registration will generate an email and be sent to your email address:
- Follow instructions on the email.
- You will be asked to create a password (please save for future use). You can now login.
2. Enrolment Form
- Once the above steps have been completed you can now complete Enrolment Form.
- This form is completed online by logging into My Family Lounge, QK Enrol. This step needs to be completed for each child before any booking can be made.
3. Permanent Bookings
- Permanent bookings can be made:
- log into My Family Lounge
- select QK Enrol
- select Booking Request
- complete the details of your booking including days required and the start date
- You will receive an ‘offer’ from SCECS via email
- Follow the link in the email to Accept or Decline this offer
4. Casual Bookings
- Casual bookings can be made 3 ways:
- by logging into My Family Lounge – select QK Enrol and then select Casual Booking
- by using the My Family Lounge app on your mobile device
- by texting the Coordinator on the service mobile
5. Trouble Shooting
- I am trying to make a booking and the service I want is not showing as an option.
When you are selecting the service on the page where you see a map of Australia, type the postcode of the suburb (e.g. 2088) in the space for postcode and then click ‘search’ on the right hand side of the screen. Your service will then appear in the left hand panel for you to select. Close this page.
- I have registered with My Family Lounge but have not made a booking yet.
If you are returning to my family lounge, click on QK Enrol on the top right hand side of the screen to complete the enrolment form or make a booking.
- Can I save a partially completed Enrolment Form and come back to it later?
Yes, simply select ‘save and close’ on the left hand side of the screen.
- I have completed the enrolment form but it will not submit.
All the mandatory fields of the enrolment form are marked with a red asterix. If any of these are incomplete you will not be able to submit the form. There will be a red banner message at the top of the page giving you instructions on the field/s that are incomplete in addition to the written text of these fields appearing in red on the form to guide you.
- I’ve forgotten my password. Do I have to contact the centre?
No you can manage this yourself. On the log in screen simply enter your email address and press ‘Forgotten Password’. You will receive an email prompting you to create a new password.
- Is there a time limit to complete the registration process?
Yes, if you are registering a new account you have 7 days to complete the registration process. If you are resetting your password you have 1 day.
- Can I access my My Family Lounge account for more than one centre?
Yes, as your account is based on your email address, it may be used when you change centres. We are waiting for Qikkids to give us instructions on how this can be done.
- When I try to register in My Family Lounge I am told that my email address is already registered.
This occurs if your details are stored with Qikkids form a prior child care service. On the log in screen simply enter your email address and press ‘Forgotten Password’. You will receive an email prompting you to create a new password.
- When I login in to My Family Lounge I can only see a previous child care service rather than SCECS OSHC.
You will need to clear your computer History and Cache and then you can log into QK Enrol through the Widget on the SCECS website www.scecs.nsw.edu.au. Please see the guide below for more information on clearing your history and Cache: How to Clear My Cache
- Can I update my email address and password myself?
Yes, you manage your own account by logging into My Family Lounge and pressing ‘Change’ for your Name, Email, Email Settings and Password.
- When can I make a casual booking?
Casual bookings via the My Family Lounge app can be made up to 2 weeks in advance and up to 22 hours prior to the session. For urgent requests within this time please text the service mobile and the Coordinator with confirm your booking.
- I received an offer for a permanent booking but it has expired.
You have two options:
- Create a new booking request. The team will send you a new offer to accept.
- Contact SCECS on 02 9568 8628 and we will extend the current offer for you to confirm.
- What can I use the My Family Lounge app for?
The phone app can be used for making casual bookings or advising that your child will be absent. Only families who have registered with My Family Lounge and completed an Enrolment via QK Enrol can use the app.
- Where do I find the Direct Debit form and where do I send it once I have completed it?
The Direct Debit can be found on the Enrolment Form on My Family Lounge under ‘Other General Questions’ or you can find it here. Email the completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org or hand it to the service Coordinator.
- How much notice do I need to give if I want to cancel a permanent booking?
We require 2 weeks’ notice if you would like to cancel a booking or drop a day.
- How do I cancel or change a permanent booking?
Permanent bookings can be cancelled by emailing the Coordinator, giving two weeks’ notice.
- I do not have easy access to a computer and would prefer to complete a paper copy of the Enrolment Form.
Yes, you can do this. Please email SCECS for a copy.
- Do I need to print and sign the Enrolment Form?
No, the Coordinator will follow this up with you at the service.
- Who can I call for assistance?
SCECS Central Administration: 9568 8628 or email@example.com
Hours of operation: 9:00am – 5:00pm
Web Address: www.scecs.nsw.edu.au
We ask that families not contact the school, but rather contact SCECS directly if they have any issues or need assistance.