About the opportunity:
We are seeing a passionate and enthusiastic qualified Early Childhood Teacher to assist in the learning and development of children aged 3-5.
You will be responsible for providing active leadership to Educators and room leaders in the development, implementation and evaluation of a child-focused education and care curriculum.
This is permanent full time (38 hours a week) position based at St John’s Early Childhood Centre Service.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Respond to children’s strengths, interests and needs by developing and implementing a high quality education and care curriculum for all enrolled children at the service.
- Provide leadership and support in: documentation of children and family information, observation of children, evaluation and planning, implementation of plans.
- Contribute to the management of the professional learning of staff
- Maintaining and updating documentation of children’s learning as outline in the National Quality Standards.
- Build and maintain professional and positive relationships with families of the service
- Develop collaborative relationships with all staff of the service.
With a genuine passion for childcare, you will use your nurturing approach and be motivated with the ability to inspire and maintain a positive learning culture within the centre.
To be successful you will have:
- Early Childhood Teaching approved qualification (i.e. Bachelor of Education)
- Current First Aid, Anaphylaxis Management and Asthma Management certificate
- Registration for teacher accreditation with NESA
- Child protection qualification approved by NSW Regulatory Authority
- Valid Working with Children Check
- Proven leadership skills
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience working in a childcare environment
- Minimum 2 years’ teaching experience.
- Demonstrated experience in curriculum development and documenting children’s learning
- Demonstrated understanding of the Early Years Learning Framework and the National Quality Standards
- A caring, supportive and proactive attitude
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills
- A commitment to ongoing professional learning
Post graduate or tertiary qualifications in leadership will be looking upon favourably
About Sydney Catholic Early Childhood Services:
Sydney Catholic Early Childhood Services (SCECS) is a not-for-profit service catering for children between the ages of 3 – 5 and their families from our local community.
Ready to make a difference?
- Covering letter addressing your suitability.
Closing date: 11 October 2020
SCECS reserves the right to remove the advert prior to the closing date listed. Applications will be reviewed as submitted.
Working with Children Clearance:
This role is classified as a child related work and therefore we require a working with children clearance to be completed prior to your commencement with us.
If you have any queries regarding the recruitment process please contact our Talent Acquisition Team at firstname.lastname@example.org
To know more about future opportunities please visit https://scecs.nsw.edu.au/join-our-team/
Please note: Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. All applicants require current and valid working rights for Australia