- Permanent Full-Time position
- Impressive state-of-the-art centre with on-site parking
- Catering for up to 60 children daily aged 3-6 years
Responsible for engaging children in meaningful learning opportunities and be reliable and confident in your abilities.
About the opportunity
We are seeking a passionate and enthusiastic qualified Early Childhood Teacher to assist in the learning and development of children aged 3-6.
You will be responsible for providing active leadership to Educators and room leaders in the development, implementation and evaluation of a child-focused education and care curriculum.
This is permanent full time (38 hours a week) position based at St John’s Early Childhood Centre Service.
Your main responsibilities will be
- Respond to children’s strengths, interests and needs by developing and implementing a high quality education and care curriculum for all enrolled children at the service.
- Provide leadership and support in the documentation of children and family information, observation of children, evaluation, planning and implementation.
- Contribute to the management of staff professional learning.
- Maintain and update documentation of children’s learning as outlined in the National Quality Standards.
- Build and maintain professional and positive relationships with families of the service.
- Develop collaborative relationships with all staff of the service.
With a genuine passion for childcare, you will use your nurturing approach and be motivated with the ability to inspire and maintain a positive learning culture within the centre.
To be successful you will have
- Early Childhood Teaching approved qualification (i.e. Bachelor of Education).
- Current First Aid, Anaphylaxis Management and Asthma Management certificate.
- Registration for teacher accreditation with NESA.
- Child protection qualification approved by NSW Regulatory Authority.
- Valid Working with Children Check.
- Proven leadership skills.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience working in a childcare environment.
- Minimum 2 years’ teaching experience.
- Demonstrated experience in curriculum development and documenting children’s learning.
- Demonstrated understanding of the Early Years Learning Framework and the National Quality Standards.
- A caring, supportive and proactive attitude.
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills.
- A commitment to ongoing professional learning.
Post graduate or tertiary qualifications in leadership will be looking upon favourably
About Sydney Catholic Early Childhood Services
Sydney Catholic Early Childhood Services (SCECS) is a not-for-profit service catering for children between the ages of 3 – 6 and their families from our local community.
Ready to make a difference?
Submit your application with
- Covering letter addressing your suitability.
Closing date: 3 December 2020
SCECS reserves the right to remove the advert prior to the closing date listed. Applications will be reviewed as submitted.
Working with Children Clearance
This role is classified as a child related work and therefore we require a working with children clearance to be completed prior to your commencement with us.
If you have any queries regarding the recruitment process please contact our Talent Acquisition Team at email@example.com
To know more about future opportunities please visit https://scecs.nsw.edu.au/join-our-team/
Please note: Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. All applicants require current and valid working rights for Australia