The rhythm of an afternoon session at SCECS OSHC services
Our afternoons are designed to cater to the needs and desires of the children in our services. Time to play, relax, socialise and inquire into areas of interest is very important.
A typical afternoon session in Spring/Summer looks like this:
- 3:10pm Educators meet and greet children on the school playground
- 3:15pm Educator and children share a quick snack, drink and conversation about their day. Children are invited to offer suggestions on activities they would like to pursue during the afternoon session.
- 3:25pm Time to complete homework/an activity of choice or continue with a project/area of inquiry from previous sessions.
- 4:35pm Afternoon tea
- 4:45pm Outdoor time – caring for the vegetable garden, playing a game with friends, involvement in an organised sports activity or just quiet time with a book under a tree.
- 5:45pm Move back indoors, complete earlier activities and tidy up.
- 6:00pm Out time together concludes for the day, as families arrive to collect their child/ren.