OPENING 2023 -Early Childhood Cook- Caringbah
About the opportunity
We are seeking an experienced and dedicated Cook to provide healthy and nutritious meals for 0-6-year-olds.
This is a permanent part-time (30 hours a week)
Working will be Monday – Friday with the expectation to be available during the school holidays.
Working as part of the wider team, you will create a safe and nurturing environment; and contribute to the effectiveness of the team by presenting a personal image of welcome, warmth, openness and services towards children and their families.
Your main responsibilities will be
- Planning and preparing appealing, balanced and nutritious meals.
- Working in accordance with food and safety regulations for safe and hygienic handling, storage and preparation of food.
- Catering for special dietary requirements.
With exceptional organisational skills, you are creative, passionate and enthusiastic in your approach to food planning and preparation, you will be motivated to take ownership of the health and wellbeing of the children through the preparation of all meals.
To be successful you will have
- A recognised basic training course in food safety and nutrition.
- Experience catering for 0-6-year-old children including catering for those with special dietary requirements.
- Demonstrated knowledge of nutrition and cost-effective menu planning.
- Knowledge of the Education and Care Services National Regulations.
- Knowledge of the Department of Health Regulations.
- The ability to comply with relevant food handling legislation, childcare regulations, and centre policies and procedures.
- A sound understanding of the Food Standards Australia & New Zealand Code.
- A valid Working with Children Check.
- A valid First Aid Certificate or be willing to obtain.
- A valid Anaphylaxis Emergency Management certificate or be willing to obtain
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively in a team.
Qualifications as a Food Safety Supervisor are highly desirable.
About Sydney Catholic Early Childhood Services
Sydney Catholic Early Childhood Services (SCECS) is a not-for-profit service catering to children between the ages of 0 – 6 and their families from our local community.
Ready to make a difference?
Submit your application with:
- Covering letter addressing your suitability
SCECS reserves the right to remove the advert prior to the closing date listed. Applications will be reviewed as received.
Working with Children Clearance
This role is classified as child-related work and therefore we require a working with children clearance to be completed prior to your commencement with us.
If you have any queries regarding the recruitment process please contact Elisabeth Pahor at firstname.lastname@example.org
To know more about future opportunities please visit https://scecs.nsw.edu.au/join-our-team/
Please note: Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. All applicants require current and valid working rights for Australia.