About the opportunity:
As the nominated supervisor and responsible person role for the service, the Centre Director will be responsible for the management of the day to day operations while maintaining strong relationships with children, parents and team members.
This is a permanent full time (38 hours a week) position based at St John’s Catholic Early Childhood Service.
Working as part of a team, you will create a safe and nurturing environment; and contribute to the effectiveness of the team by presenting a personal image of welcome, warmth, openness and services towards children and their families.
Your main responsibilities:
- Provide a safe service for staff and children in an all-inclusive professional team environment under the guidance and support of the SCECS management team
- Oversee all procedural and educational programming
- Inspire educators to design curriculum that promote and engage children’s learning
- Create pedagogical practices informed by reflective assessment
- Ensure high quality, stimulating, safe and clean physical facilities are maintained at all times
- Oversee all regulatory, policy, staffing and operational issues
- Manage the financial affairs of the service
- Developing meaningful and supportive relationships with families and the Parish community
- Promote the Catholic philosophy of the service in everyday practices and interactions
To be successful you will possess:
- 2+ years’ experience directing a childcare centre
- Hold a Degree in Early Childhood teaching or equivalent as accredited by ACEQA
- Hold a DEC approved child protection training certificate
- Hold a current First Aid, CPR, Anaphylaxis and Asthma Management (HTAID004) certificate, or be willing to obtain
- Hold a NSW Working with Children Check, or be willing to obtain one
- Knowledge and implementation of the National Quality Framework
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Have strong team management skills
About Sydney Catholic Early Childhood Services:
Sydney Catholic Early Childhood Services (SCECS) is a not-for-profit service catering for children between the ages of 3 – 5 and their families from our local community.
Ready to make a difference?
Submit your application by following the instructions here.
Closing date: 31 July 2020
SCECS reserves the right to remove the advert prior to the closing date listed. Applications will be reviewed as submitted.
Working with Children Clearance:
This role is classified as a child related work and therefore we require a working with children clearance to be completed prior to your commencement with us.
If you have any queries regarding the recruitment process please contact our Talent Acquisition Team at email@example.com
To know more about future opportunities please visit https://scecs.nsw.edu.au/join-our-team/
Please note: Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. All applicants require current and valid working rights for Australia.