Are you passionate about school-aged care with your previous experience working within an OSHC? or perhaps you are studying to be a Primary School Teacher and are now seeking an opportunity to work casual afternoon shifts at an After School Care service close to home.
We are currently seeking Outside School Hours Care (OSHC) Educators at the following locations across Sydney:
As an Educator, you will respond to children’s strengths, interests and needs by assisting in implementing and providing a diverse, stimulating and inclusive program.
You will be responsible for engaging children in meaningful learning opportunities and be reliable and confident in your abilities.
- A genuine passion for childcare
- Nurturing approach
- Caring, supporting and proactive attitude
Your main responsibilities will be
- Ensuring all children are ‘actively’ supervised at all times
- Assist in implementing and providing a diverse and stimulating program that matches the developmental needs of the children
- Ensuring safe food handling and hygiene practices are upheld at all times
- Developing and fostering positive relationships with parents, caregivers, children and other key stakeholders
- Assist in establishing daily routines and create appropriate rules and boundaries for children to encourage positive behaviour
- Encourage and maintain high standards of hygiene and cleanliness of program premises and facilities.
To be successful you will have
- 1 years experience in a similar position
- Hold an NSW Working with children check
- Highly desirable; First Aid, CPR, Anaphylaxis and Asthma Management (HTAID004), or be willing to obtain
Qualifications in Child Education and Care will be looked upon favourably.
As part of the SCECS Workforce Strategy, we are able to offer eligible new entrant candidates the ability to undertake a traineeship. This allows for on the job training from our approved Registered Training Provider, whilst working with us. The available traineeships are;
- CHC30113 – Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care
- CHC40113 – Certificate IV in School Age Education and Care
- CHC50113 – Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care
- CHC50213 – Diploma of School Age Education and Care
About Sydney Catholic Early Childhood Services:
Sydney Catholic Early Childhood Services (SCECS) is a not-for-profit service catering to children and families from our Catholic schools and the local community. SCECS currently operates Outside School Hours Care and Early Childhood Services at several Catholic schools and Parishes within the Sydney Archdiocese.
Benefits for being a part of the SCECS team-
- Large network of services
- Career growth
- Great work-life balance
- Leadership support
- Pathways program for teachers
- Professional development opportunities
- Above award pay for qualified staff
- Well resourced services
Ready to make a difference?
Submit your application with:
- Current Resume
Working with Children Clearance:
This role is classified as child-related work and therefore we require a working with children clearance to be completed before your commencement with us.
If you have any queries regarding the recruitment process please contact our Talent Acquisition Team at email@example.com
Please note: Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. All applicants require current and valid working rights for Australia.