***Commencing in 2023***
Sydney Catholic Early Childhood Services (SCECS) is a not-for-profit service catering to children and families from our Catholic schools and the local community.
We are now seeking experienced and highly personable Administration Officers to support these services working a 30-hour week on a part-time permanent basis. (with potential to increase to 76 hours per fortnight)
This is an exciting opportunity for a motivated Administrator to take ownership of all administrative duties required to assist a well-looked after and supported Long Day Care centre in running effectively and efficiently. You will have the opportunity to work in a purpose-built building with a capacity of 110 placements.
Your new role
The Administration Assistant is responsible for providing efficient, accurate, timely and effective administrative support and assistance to the Centre.
Your responsibilities will include, but not be limited to
- Being the first person of contact at the reception
- Email management
- Answering inbound calls and making outbound calls as required
- Accounts support when required
- Enrolling children and ensuring documentation is up-to-date and accurate in maintaining fee documentation
- Ensuring rooms and office area are appropriately stocked and tidy and all other general ad hoc duties
- Assisting Centre Director when needed
You will also contribute to the smooth running of the centre by building rapport with parents. You will be the face of the centre, greeting family members on arrival and departure, dealing with their enquiries and assisting where necessary to help create a safe, supportive and informative environment for both children and relatives.
The benefits of working for Sydney Catholic Early Childhood Services
- A chance to work in one of our impressive Long Day Care Centres in Sydney
- The opportunity to work in a close-knit, supportive team that is passionate about childcare
- Be part of a rapidly growing network of childcare facilities
- An opportunity to work within your local community
To be considered you will have
- A minimum of 2-4 years’ administration experience
- Proven proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Previous experience and/or qualifications in early childhood is highly desirable
- A valid Working with Children Check
- Qualifications in business or office administration will be looked upon favourably
- Previous experience using Qikkids would be highly desirable
- A National Police Clearance, or be willing to obtain
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to establish priorities and manage workloads effectively
- The ability to relate to children and their families
- A personable approach and professional manner
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- A commitment to ongoing professional learning
Applicants must formalise their application by submitting an up-to-date resume and a cover letter addressing suitability for the role.
WORKING WITH CHILDREN CLEARANCE
This role is classified as child-related work and therefore we require a working with children clearance to be completed prior to your commencement with us.
Please note: Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. All applicants require current and valid working rights for Australia.